We Will Seek Justice For Your Injuries
Todd Alan Townsley
Todd Townsley graduated from Indiana University in 1988, Summa Cum Laude, with a B.A. in History and Political Science. He then graduated from Harvard Law School in 1991, Cum Laude, and served as an Editor on the Harvard Law Journal of Law and Public Policy. Todd has practiced in Lake Charles, Louisiana since 1991 helping injured workers, families and individuals fight for justice. Todd has a great deal of jury trial experience and has obtained some of the largest verdicts and settlements for his clients in various parishes throughout Louisiana. Todd has participated in five cases that resulted in verdicts or settlements in excess of $10,000,000.00 and over twenty-five cases involving verdicts or settlements in excess of $1,000,000.00. He has handled injuries that include: brain damage, paralysis, quadriplegia, paraplegia, burns, amputations, back surgery, neck surgery, knee surgery, cancers and bedsores. Todd handles medical malpractice, automobile accidents, industrial accidents, products liability and premise liability claims. He has been selected as a member in several prestigious associations including "Super Lawyers" and the American Board of Trial Attorneys. He has received the highest rating of A in Martindale Hubble. Todd has successfully handled several cases against State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company, Allstate Insurance Company, USAA, GEICO, Chartis, National Union, Farm Bureau, Liberty Mutual, Zurich Insurance Company, Citgo, Conoco, PPG, Firestone, Sasol, DOTD, Exxon, Halliburton, KBR, CF Industries, Massey Ferguson, Ford, General Motors, Southern Tire Mart, Louisiana Patients Compensation Fund, LAMMICO, PPIC, St. Paul Fire and Marine Insurance Company, Lake Charles Memorial Hospital, Christus St. Patrick Hospital, Women and Children's Hospital, West Calcasieu Cameron Hospital, St. Francis Cabrini Hospital, Rapides General Hospital, W. O. Moss Regional Medical Center, Schumpert Hospital, Willis Knighton Hospital, LSU Shreveport Hospital, LSU New Orleans Hospital, LSU Family Practice Clinic, Magnolia Clinic, Byrd Regional Hospital, Beauregard Memorial Hospital, St. Francis Cabrini Hospital, Touro Infirmary Hospital, Children's Hospital of New Orleans, Oceans Behavioral Hospital, Jennings American Legion Hospital, Lafayette General Hospital and nursing homes.
Areas of Practice
- Medical Malpractice
- Industrial Accidents
- Auto Accidents
- Product Liability
- Premise Liability
- Louisiana, 1991
- U.S. District Court Western District of Louisiana
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Louisiana
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Louisiana
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit
- Louisiana Coushatta Tribal Court
- Harvard University Law School, Cambridge, Massachusetts
- J.D. - 1991
- Honors: cum laude
- Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana
- Honors: summa cum laude
- Major: History and Political Science
- James v. Roach, 467 Fed. Appx, 335, 2012 WL 2093114, 2012, C.A.5 (La.)
- Oliver v. Magnolia Clinic, 83 So.3d 39, 2012 WL 798796, 2012, La.
- Oliver v. Magnolia Clinic, 71 So.3d 1170, 2011 WL 4110041, 2011, La.App. 3 Cir.
- Bordelon v. Gravity Drainage District No, 4 of Ward 3 of Calcasieu Parish, 74 So.3d 766, 2011 WL 4578569, 2011, La.App. 3 Cir.
- Ritter v. Exxon Mobil Corp., 20 So.3d 540, 2009 WL 2886008, 2009, La.App. 4 Cir.
- Pickering v. Paraguay, 9 So.3d 320, 2009 WL 995861, 2009, (La.App. 3 Cir.
- Miller v. LAMMICO, 973 So.2d 693, 2008 WL 343037, 2008, La.
- Miller v. LAMMICO, 958 So.2d 775, 2007 WL 1549160, 2007, La.App. 3 Cir.
- Blocker v. Rapides Regional Medical Center, 862 So.2d 1220, 2003 WL 22998617, 2003, La.App. 3 Cir.
- Darbone v. State, 815 So.2d 943, 2002 WL 182327, 2002, La.App. 3 Cir.
- Leblanc v. St. Paul Fire & Marine Ins. Co., 772 So.2d 133, 2000 WL 1277218, 2000, La.App. 3 Cir.
- Faye v. State, Dept. of Transportation and Development, 702 So.2d 1036, 1997 WL 671866, 1997, La.App. 3 Cir.
Honors and Awards
- Super Lawyers
- Martindale Hubbell- AV Rated
- Top 100 Lawyers of American Society of Legal Advocates (ASLA), Member
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Association for Justice
- Louisiana Association for Justice
- American Board of Trial Attorneys
- Southwest Louisiana Bar Association
- Louisiana Bar Association, Board of Governors
- Super Lawyers
Past Employment Positions
- Cox, Cox and Townsley, Associate, 1991 to 1994